Visiting students

We are offering a number of rooms on campus for single semesters during the academic year 2022/23.  If you are an exchange or visiting student studying at the Edinburgh campus for first or second semester you can apply for accommodation once you have an unconditional firm offer to study at the University. Please note that places are limited and are not guaranteed.

You may wish to look at alternative accommodation options in case we are not able to accommodate you:


A number of householders throughout Edinburgh let out rooms in their home to students in the form of lodgings. However, please note these are not vetted by the university. We advise that you make arrangements to view the properties before signing or agreeing any lease and exchange any money. Lodgings are advertised on the website

Rooms in private flats

You can find rooms available to rent in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas on Studentpad. Unfortunately, we can't arrange this type of accommodation on your behalf as flatmates/landlords wish to meet prospective tenants before securing this type of accommodation.

Private student-only accommodation

There are several student-only accommodation buildings in the city centre. These are similar to student halls, but are run by private companies. Anyone studying in Edinburgh can apply. One semester contracts may be available, As this is a popular option for students you should contact the accommodation provider as soon as you are sure you are coming to Edinburgh.

Temporary accommodation

You may prefer to book temporary accommodation for your arrival while you search for somewhere more permanent to stay.