Undergraduate self-catered rooms at Edinburgh Campus
Leonard Horner Hall
There is one block of 53 self-catered rooms with shared bathrooms for undergraduates in Leonard Horner Hall, which has recently been refurbished.
The bedrooms are around 9 square metres in size and each bedroom has a wash hand basin.
The bedrooms are grouped around kitchens for the use of 4 or 5 students. Bathroom areas are shared between 5.
|Room type||Cost per week||Contract length||Cost per tenancy|
|Self-catered room||£107.94||40 weeks||£4317.60|
How to apply
You can apply online for accommodation from 10 April 2017. The closing date for guaranteed accommodation is 12.00 noon, 22 August 2017.
Find out more about how to apply for on-campus accommodation.
What’s included in the rent?
The rent includes:
- internet connection (24MB as standard)
- weekly clean. The cleaning service is an "assisted clean", which means you are expected to maintain cleaning standards in your own flat.
- Basic room contents insurance is included with your on campus accommodation and is provided by Endsleigh. Enter in your policy number HH1074 to check your policy details.
If you plan on using a personal television or a laptop for internet provider television (IPTV), you will need to buy a TV licence.
What's provided in a self-catered room?
Your room key gives access to your designated lounge, kitchen and laundrette.
- Single bed
- Mattress protector
- Wash hand basin
- Desk chair
- Desk lamp
- Pin board
- Ethernet cable
Bed linen, duvet and pillows are not provided, but you can order a bedding pack online for £25 when making your application.
Towels and toilet rolls are not provided.
For safety reasons, cooking/heating appliances and additional furniture are not permitted in study bedrooms.
- Sweeping brush
- Dust pan and brush
- Bucket and mop
- Swing-top bin
- Lockable cupboard (padlock required)
- Breakfast bar
Crockery, cutlery, pot, pans and kitchen utensils are not provided.
Refuse sacks are issued weekly so that you can safely dispose of refuse in the appropriate recycling bins
- Easy chairs and sofas
- Coffee tables
Other general facilities on campus include:
- Laundry facilities (washing machines and dryers)
- Bike shelters (limited spaces)
- Live-in Wardens and 24 hour security
Images are used to demonstrate a typical student room in each accommodation type. However, the layout and contents may differ depending on the hall and room allocated. Please see the "What's included" section above for a list of what is provided in the room.