One semester, en suite rooms without kitchen access at Edinburgh Campus
Leonard Horner Hall
Single rooms are around 10 to 12 square metres in size, including the private bathroom. There are also a few large rooms available that are around 13 to 14 square metres and come with a double bed. All rooms are for single occupancy.
There is small pantry in the hall with a fridge, kettle and microwave where hot drinks and some snacks can be prepared. Please note that personal cooking equipment such as grills, cookers, fridges or kettles are not permitted in the rooms or the pantry.
Example layout of an en suite room without kitchen access
These rooms do not include a food allowance. However, meals can be purchased on campus at the University's catering outlets*. Alternatively the Student Union offer a catering card to be used to purchase meals and snacks at the Student Union. The card can be loaded at the start of the semester and topped up throughout the year.
* Monday-Friday: Central Dining Room, Elements, Café Brio, The Piece, Da Vinci's (Postgraduate Centre), Dewey's (Library).
Saturday-Sunday: Café Brio
|Room type||Room cost per week||Room contract length||Cost per tenancy|
|Single study bedroom, en suite||£107.94||Semester 1: 15 weeks||£1619.10|
|Semester 2: 22 weeks||£2374.68|
|Large single study bedroom, en suite||£112.42||Semester 1: 15 weeks||£1686.30|
|Semester 2: 22 weeks||£2473.24|
How to apply
You can apply online for accommodation from 10 April 2017. The closing date is 12.00 noon, 22 August 2017.
Find out more about how to apply for on-campus accommodation.
What’s included in the rent?
The rent includes:
- internet connection (24MB as standard)
- weekly clean. The cleaning service is an "assisted clean", which means you are expected to maintain cleaning standards in your own flat.
- Basic room contents insurance is included with your on campus accommodation and is provided by Endsleigh. Enter in your policy number HH1074 to check your policy details.
If you plan on using a personal television or a laptop for internet provider television (IPTV), you will need to buy a TV licence.
What's provided in an en suite room?
- Study bedroom
- Single or double bed
- Mattress protector
- Desk chair
- Desk lamp
- Pin board
- Ethernet cable
- En suite:
- Wash hand basin
Bed linen, duvet and pillows are not provided, but you can order a bedding pack online for £25 (single) £35 (double) when making your application.
Towels and toilet rolls are not provided.
For safety reasons, cooking/heating appliances and additional furniture are not permitted in study bedrooms.
Refuse sacks are issued weekly so that you can safely dispose of refuse in the appropriate recycling bins
Other general facilities on campus include:
- Laundry facilities (washing machines and dryers)
- Bike shelters (limited spaces)
- Live-in Wardens and 24 hour security