Traditional non en suite rooms
All accommodation is self-catered – There are a number of catering facilities on campus.
The bedrooms are around 9 square metres in size and each bedroom has a wash hand basin. Each Corridor has 8-10 bedrooms sharing two toilets, two showers and two kitchens.
|Room type||Cost per week||Contract length||Cost per tenancy|
|Traditional non en suite rooms||£115.00||50 weeks||£5750.00|
How to apply
You can apply online for accommodation from 12:00 (BST) on the 8th April 2019. The closing date for guaranteed accommodation is 12:00 (BST), 24 August 2019.
What’s included in the rent?
The rent includes:
- internet connection (100MB as standard)
- assisted clean of public areas and kitchens which means you are expected to maintain cleaning standards in your own room.
- Basic room contents insurance is included with your on campus accommodation and is provided by Endsleigh. Enter in your policy number HH1074 to check your policy details.
If you plan on using a personal television or a laptop for internet provider television (IPTV), you will need to buy a TV licence.
What's provided in a self-catered shared flat?
Your room key gives access to your designated lounge, kitchen and laundrette.
- Single bed
- Mattress protector
- Wash hand basin
- Desk chair
- Desk lamp
- Pin board
- Ethernet cable
Bed linen, duvet and pillows are not provided, but you can order a bedding pack online for £25 when making your application.
Towels and toilet rolls are not provided.
For safety reasons, cooking/heating appliances and additional furniture are not permitted in study bedrooms.
- Sweeping brush
- Dust pan and brush
- Bucket and mop
- Swing-top bin
- Lockable cupboard (padlock required)
- Breakfast bar
Crockery, cutlery, pot, pans and kitchen utensils are not provided.
Refuse sacks are issued weekly so that you can safely dispose of refuse in the appropriate recycling bins.
- Easy chairs and/or sofa
- Coffee tables
- Laundry facilities (washing machines and dryers)
- Bike shelters (limited spaces)
- Residence Life Hub located on campus and 24 hour Safeguarding services
Images are used to demonstrate a typical student room in each accommodation type. However, the layout and contents may differ depending on the hall and room allocated. Please see the "What's included" section above for a list of what is provided in the room.