Skip to section
- Delivery type
- Graduate Apprenticeship
- 4 years
- Degree Qualification
- BEng (Hons)
The graduate apprenticeship programme is open to new or existing employees in Scotland of all ages and consists of 20% academic learning and 80% work-based learning.
The Instrumentation Measurement and Control graduate apprenticeship programme aims to produce BEng (Hons) graduates who:
- meet the educational base required by the Institute of Instrumentation, Measurement and Control for registration as an Incorporated Engineer;
- have a good technical understanding of the essential facts across the discipline, but also an awareness of specialist application of technology;
- are equipped with a sound basis in theoretical engineering principles and methods and their application;
- are able to operate in team and multidisciplinary contexts;
- have an appreciation of the wider societal and commercial influences on, and impact of, the discipline;
- have problem-solving skills and the ability to apply such skills in developing innovative solutions to society's practical needs;
- have developed the personal qualities and professional competencies of instrumentation and control engineers;
- have been able to pursue their personal interests in depth in the context of the sponsoring company;
- have the practical skills required specifically by instrumentation and control engineers and more widely by any numerate professional position.
Key areas of the programme
The primary focus of the Instrumentation Measurement and Control graduate apprenticeship programme is on developing the knowledge, understanding and skills outcomes sought by employers.
Read our graduate apprenticeship partners' success stories who are already seeing the benefits.
At Heriot-Watt we have an extensive programme of over 90 sports clubs and societies to get involved in. You can try as many as you like or start one of your own!
At Heriot-Watt University, we offer a wide range of services to help you deal with all aspects of your life with us, whether these be academic, personal, technical, financial or just plain fun!
Student Wellbeing Services aim to provide a range of support, guidance, activities and advice to help students to be their best, and get the most from their university experience. From counselling to coaching we'll sure you are fully supported.
There's more to university life than simply getting your degree, and Heriot-Watt University Student Union is all about helping you to have the best possible experience while you study here.
Historic and beautiful, a cultural capital that fuels the senses whether you love the arts or nature, nightlife or study life, Edinburgh is stimulating and inspirational and never, ever boring.
Oriam, Scotland Sports Performance Centre offers state-of-the-art sports facilities, for all levels of sport and ability
Employers around the world actively seek out our graduates because they are work-ready. All our degrees are career-focused and relevant to the needs of industry. Around 95% of our students are in employment or further study within six months of graduating.
Register your interest in Graduate Apprenticeships
Places are in high demand, and offered on a first come, first served basis to qualified employees – so please register your interest right away.
If you are an employer, please complete the contact form to our GA team and we will contact you to discuss a detailed plan for your company.
If you are already working, ask your manager to get in touch with us by completing this web form.
If you are looking for an employer who could employ you and put you forward for the GA programme, you can find vacancies with current partner companies.