Bicentennial Research Leaders
In 2021, Heriot-Watt University celebrated its bicentenary as an institution known for the creation and exchange of knowledge for the benefit of society.
To celebrate this achievement we have set ourselves the target of recruiting one hundred outstanding research academics.
These outstanding and highly qualified research leaders will strengthen and complement our existing world-class research; raising our capacity to undertake world-leading research and work in collaboration with international business and industry. They will help establish the future strategic direction of the University, enhancing our existing strengths and delivering world-leading research across our three international campus locations.
Successful applicants will have access to a truly global research community, world-class research facilities, and be part of a committed value led organisation that believes in inclusivity and opportunities for all.
If you are interested in joining us, please view our current vacancies.
At Heriot-Watt University we understand that being diverse makes us better which is why we support a culture of respect and equal opportunity, and value diversity at the heart of what we do. We want to increase the diversity of our workplace to underpin a dynamic and creative environment. We hold an Institutional Athena Swan Bronze Award recognising excellence in championing employment of women in the field of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
We are recruiting in a number areas. If you have a proven track record of world-leading, collaborative research, we would love to hear from you. Please browse our current vacancies if you are interested in a Professorial position.
Our offer to you
Here at Heriot-Watt University we strive to attract top-class researchers. In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits offer including individually negotiable start up package
- The linking of academic positions to fellowship appointments
- Relocation allowance for international employees who are recruited from outside the UK
- Access to outstanding career development opportunities
- Generous holiday entitlement of 33 days, plus up to 10 public holidays
- On-site nursery
- Reduced membership for our state of the art sports facilities, Oriam
- Family Friendly Policies
- Counselling service provided by DAS