Meet our postgraduate students
Hear what some of our students and graduates had to say about their experiences at Heriot-Watt.
Biological Chemistry, Biophysics and Bioengineering
- Dr Katia Hiersemenzel: Katia completed her PhD in the field of molecular biology and super-resolution imaging and subsequently took on the role with Leica Microsystems.
Brewing and Distilling
- Leon Webb: Leon, originally from Aviemore now works as a distiller for Victoria Gin in Canada.
- Andrew Goulet: Andrew, from Banff in Canada, is studying an MSc in Brewing and Distilling.
Building, Planning and Urban Design
- Pierre Crespin: Pierre, from France, is studying an MSc in Sustainable Building Design.
- Ili Izyan Syazwani Ramli: Illi graduated with a PhD in Chemical Engineering in 2015. She is now a researcher for Petronas in Bangi, Malaysia.
Energy and Renewables
- Humphrey Maambo: Humphrey, from Zambia, is studying an MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering. He received funding through Heriot-Watt's Zambian Independence Scholarship.
Food Science, Health and Nutrition
- Rajkumar Nandakumar: Rajkumar graduated with an MSc in Food Science, Safety and Health in 2012. He is now pursuing his PhD at the University of Otago in New Zealand.
Marine, Environment and Climate Change
- Danny Bain: Danny, from Orkney in Scotland, graduated with an MSc in Marine Renewable Energy.
- Ben Wade: Ben graduated with an MSc in Marine Resource Management from our Orkney Campus.
- Elisabeth Rabe: Elisabeth graduated with an MSc in Renewable Energy Development.
- Alex Riddell: Alex graduated with an MSc in Marine Renewable Energy.
- Sara Turner: Sara, from England, graduated with an MSc in Marine Resource Development and Protection in 1994.
- Stacy Johnston: Stacy graduated with an MSc in Renewable Energy Development in 2015.
- Houry Melkonian: Houry has an MSc in Applied Mathematical Sciences and is currently doing a PhD in Mathematics.
- Hannah Jones: Hannah, from Scotland, is studying an MSc in Applied Mathematical Sciences with Biological and Ecological Modelling.
Jennifer Dorling: Jennifer, from Germany, graduated with an MSc in Business Psychology. She now works at Ernst & Young as an experienced consultant in Advisory Services.