Hear what some of our students and graduates had to say about their experiences at Heriot-Watt.
Biological Chemistry, Biophysics and Bioengineering
- Dr Katia Hiersemenzel: Katia completed her PhD in the field of molecular biology and super-resolution imaging and subsequently took on the role with Leica Microsystems.
Brewing and Distilling
- Leon Webb: Leon, originally from Aviemore now works as a distiller for Victoria Gin in Canada.
- Andrew Goulet: Andrew, from Banff in Canada, is studying an MSc in Brewing and Distilling.
Building, Planning and Urban Design
- Pierre Crespin: Pierre, from France, is studying an MSc in Sustainable Building Design.
- John Kennedy: John, from Edinburgh, graduated with an MSc Urban and Regional Planning in 2019.
- Rebecca Stirzaker: Rebecca graduated with an MSc in International Business with Human Resource Management.
- Sreerag Kallamvalappil Sajan: Sreerag is studying MSc International Business Management with Industry Placement.
- Ili Izyan Syazwani Ramli: Illi graduated with a PhD in Chemical Engineering in 2015. She is now a researcher for Petronas in Bangi, Malaysia.
- Zak Ritchie: Zak graduated with an MSc in Water Resources in 2012. Today Zak is a Senior Hydrologist and Civil Engineer with SLR Consulting in Edinburgh.
- Ali Haghighi: Ali graduated with a PhD in 2011.Today Ali works for Avangrid Renewables/Iberdrola as a lead geotechnical engineer and foundation design manager for offshore wind projects.
- Amanda Curry: Amanda is studying a PHD in Computer Science and with her group, was a top three finalist in the Amazon Alexa Challenge.
- Yanchao Yu: Yanchao graduated with an MSc in Software Engineering. He is currently doing a PhD in Natural Language Processing.
Construction Management and Surveying
- Olivia Emery: Olivia graduated with an MSc Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying in 2019.
Energy and Renewables
- Humphrey Maambo: Humphrey, from Zambia, is studying an MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering. He received funding through Heriot-Watt's Zambian Independence Scholarship.
Fashion, Textiles and Design
- Kelci Hilferty: is studying an MA Digital Design and Innovation Programme at the at the School of Textiles and Design in Galashiels, in the Scottish Borders.
- Tope Mary Orororo: Tope, from Nigeria, is studying an MA in Fashion and Textiles Design at the School of Textiles and Design in Galashiels, in the Scottish Borders.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Barbara Scala, from the USA, is due to complete her MSc Logistics and Supply Chain management in June 2020.
Marine, Environment and Climate Change
- Danny Bain: Danny, from Orkney in Scotland, graduated with an MSc in Marine Renewable Energy.
- Ben Wade: Ben graduated with an MSc in Marine Resource Management from our Orkney Campus.
- Elisabeth Rabe: Elisabeth graduated with an MSc in Renewable Energy Development.
- Alex Riddell: Alex graduated with an MSc in Marine Renewable Energy.
- Sara Turner: Sara, from England, graduated with an MSc in Marine Resource Development and Protection in 1994.
- Stacy Johnston: Stacy graduated with an MSc in Renewable Energy Development in 2015.
- Houry Melkonian: Houry has an MSc in Applied Mathematical Sciences and is currently doing a PhD in Mathematics.
- Hannah Jones: Hannah, from Scotland, is studying an MSc in Applied Mathematical Sciences with Biological and Ecological Modelling.
- Rasaq Lawal: Rasaq graduated with an MSc Petroleum Engineering in 2019.
- Jennifer Dorling: Jennifer, from Germany, graduated with an MSc in Business Psychology. She now works at Ernst & Young as an experienced consultant in Advisory Services.
Real Estate, Housing and Social Policy
- Christian Braun: Christian graduated with an MSc Real Estate Investment & Finance in 2019.
- Sara Cooper: Sara, from Spain, studies the MSc Robotics.