Meet our postgraduate students
Hear what some of our students and graduates had to say about their experiences at Heriot-Watt.
Biological Chemistry, Biophysics and Bioengineering
- Dr Katia Hiersemenzel: Katia completed her PhD in the field of molecular biology and super-resolution imaging and subsequently took on the role with Leica Microsystems.
Brewing and Distilling
- Leon Webb: Leon, originally from Aviemore now works as a distiller for Victoria Gin in Canada.
- Andrew Goulet: Andrew, from Banff in Canada, is studying an MSc in Brewing and Distilling.
Building, Planning and Urban Design
- Pierre Crespin: Pierre, from France, is studying an MSc in Sustainable Building Design.
- Ili Izyan Syazwani Ramli: Illi graduated with a PhD in Chemical Engineering in 2015. She is now a researcher for Petronas in Bangi, Malaysia.
- Emily Mitchell: Emily, from the USA. graduated with an MSc in Information Technology.
Construction Management and Surveying
- Oluyemi Onarinde: Oluyemi, from Nigeria, graduated with an MSc in Construction Project Management.
Energy and Renewables
- Humphrey Maambo: Humphrey, from Zambia, is studying an MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering. He received funding through Heriot-Watt's Zambian Independence Scholarship.
- Jordan Grigor: Jordan, from Scotland, graduated with an MSc in Climate Change: Impacts and Mitigation.
Fashion, Textiles and Design
- Kristen Orme: Kristen, from the USA, graduated with an MSc in Fashion and Textile Design / Knitwear Design.
- Adele Crombie: Adele, from Scotland, graduated with an MSc in International Fashion Marketing.
Food Science, Health and Nutrition
- Rajkumar Nandakumar: Rajkumar graduated with an MSc in Food Science, Safety and Health in 2012. He is now pursuing his PhD at the University of Otago in New Zealand.
- Natalia Rojek: Natalia, from Poland, graduated with an MSc in Food and Beverage Science.
Languages and Intercultural Studies
- Sam Strong: Sam, from the USA, graduated with an MSc in Translating and Computer-Assisted Translation Tools.
Marine, Environment and Climate Change
- Danny Bain: Danny, from Orkney in Scotland, graduated with an MSc in Marine Renewable Energy.
- Ben Wade: Ben graduated with an MSc in Marine Resource Management from our Orkney Campus.
- Elisabeth Rabe: Elisabeth graduated with an MSc in Renewable Energy Development.
- Alex Riddell: Alex graduated with an MSc in Marine Renewable Energy.
- Sara Turner: Sara, from England, graduated with an MSc in Marine Resource Development and Protection in 1994.
- Stacy Johnston: Stacy graduated with an MSc in Renewable Energy Development in 2015.
- Houry Melkonian: Houry has an MSc in Applied Mathematical Sciences and is currently doing a PhD in Mathematics.
- Hannah Jones: Hannah, from Scotland, is studying an MSc in Applied Mathematical Sciences with Biological and Ecological Modelling.
- David Jones: David, from the UK, graduated with a PhD in Mathematics.
Jennifer Dorling: Jennifer, from Germany, graduated with an MSc in Business Psychology. She now works at Ernst & Young as an experienced consultant in Advisory Services.