Meet our online learning students
See what some of our online learning graduates have to say about their experiences at Heriot-Watt and find out what they've gone on to achieve after their studies.
Building Services Engineering
- Akshay Annadata graduated with an MSc in Building Services Engineering. He has been working in Newcastle as a mechanical engineer for Cundall since 2016.
Brewing and Distilling
- Eric Ryan graduated from the MSc Brewing and Distilling programme in 2013. He now works for Irish Distillers as a distillery operator.
- Julian King graduated from the MSc Business Psychology programme in 2014. He now works as a manager of performance and career development at Sidra Medical and Research Center in Qatar.
Construction Project Managment
- Kinglsey Aimufua graduated from the MSc Construction Project Management programme in December 2019. He is now working with Optilan UK as a Senior Project Planner.
- Tom Joseph Mukasa graduated from the MSc Construction Project Management programme in June 2014. He has been working with Pearl Engineering Company Limited since 2004 as quantity surveyor and then contracts manager.
- Stefan Mordue graduated from the MSc in Construction Project Management in 2009. He is currently co-writing his first book on Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Health and Safety.
- Anastasia Bird graduated from the MSc Petroleum Engineering programme in 2019. Originally from Russia, Anastasia runs her own oil and gas consultancy in Scotland.
- Serdar Bayramov graduated from the MSc Petroleum Engineering programme in 2019. Originally from Turkmensitan, Serdar now works as a petroleum engineering co-ordinator for Eni Turkmenistan.
- Vincent Sheppard graduated from the MSc Petroleum Engineering programme in December 2019. Vincent has beein working as a geoscientist for 34 years in the oil and gas industry.
Real Estate Investment and Finance
- Andrew Marshall graduated from the MSc Real Estate Investment and Finance programme in 2014. He has worked with Standard Life Investments in Toronto since 2005 and is currently working as Vice President, Investment Solutions.
Renewable Energy Development
- Robert Winters graduated with a MSc Renewable Energy Development in Dec 2019. Robert is a cost and capital allowances consultant with over 15 years of experience working in the commercial property sector.
Safety and Risk Management
- Peter Gennery graduated from the MSc Safety and Risk Management programme in 2019. Peter is currently a functional safety specialist and principal consultant for DNV GL in the UK.
- Jacqueline Kahn graduated from the MSc Safety and Risk Management programme in 2019. Jacqueline has worked in the property management industry for over three years on a series of different health and safety projects.
- Wonder Nyoni studied the MSc Safety and Risk Management programme and graduated in 2016. He works as a health, safety and environment superintendent at Freda Rebecca Gold Mine in Zimbabwe.
Safety, Risk and Reliability Engineering
- Jeomides Llanera graduated from the MSc Safety, Risk and Reliability Engineering programme in 2019. He is now working for Qatar Petroleum as Safety Officer.
- Chibuike Nwagbara graduated from the MSc Safety, Risk and Reliability Engineering programme in 2019. He is now working for Qatar Petroleum as a health, safety and environment supervisor in facilty management.
- Teddy Tabanao from Manila in the Philippines is studying the MSc Safety, Risk and Reliability Engineering on the distance learning programme.
- Linda Cottrell graduated from the MSc Safety, Risk and Reliability Engineering programme in 2012 and now works for Aker Solutions in Norway.