The 2014 National Student Survey rated our Accountancy and Finance programme as Top in Scotland.
An understanding of accountancy and finance is an essential prerequisite for a career in commerce, industry or public administration. The increasingly complex environment within which both finance and international business are conducted reinforces this need.
Operating in international markets requires an understanding of international accounting standards, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and exchange and interest rates. The value of such studies is also recognised by professional bodies in accountancy and finance, who offer substantial examination exemptions and reduction of pre-qualifying service to approved graduates.
There is a continuing demand for graduates who have specialised in these subjects and career opportunities exist in a wide range of professional, financial, commercial and industrial areas.
- Accountancy and Business Law MA (Hons)
- Accountancy and Finance MA (Hons)
- Business and Finance MA (Hons)
- Finance MA (Hons)
- Finance and Business Law MA (Hons)
- Knowledge and understanding of key principles of accounting and finance
- Firm grounding in core subjects such as accounting to prepare you for employment
- Communication and presentation skills such as group work, debates, role-playing
- Effective use of IT to find practical business solutions.
Teaching and assessment
Learning methods include:
- lectures and tutorials
- group work
- computer workshops.
Assessment is by a mixture of coursework and examination.
Professional recognition and exemptions
All the major professional accountancy bodies within the UK accredit our degrees. Many of our degrees carry considerable exemptions from professional examinations.