Standard entry requirements
- Highers AABB/BBBBC
- A-Levels BBC
- IB 29 points
- BTEC DMM (in relevant subject)
- HNC B in graded unit (in a relevant subject area)
Minimum entry requirements*
- Highers BBBC
- A-Levels BCC
* Minimum: under our Fair Access Policy, we will relax our standard entry requirements for some Scottish students depending on their circumstances. Our minimum requirements will apply if you:
- live in an area within the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20), or
- are care experienced.
We can also make exceptions for some Scottish students with grades above minimum but below standard. Read more about our Minimum and standard entry requirements
- Advanced Highers BC plus BBBBC at Higher (to include Mathematics at B)
- A-Levels ABB (to include Mathematics)
- Int. Baccalaureate 35 points (with Mathematics at Higher Level 5)
- HNC A in graded unit (with at least SCQF Level 7 or NQF Level 4 in a relevant Mathematics course)
- HND BB in graded units (with at least SCQF Level 7 or NQF Level 4 in a relevant Mathematics course)
- BTEC DDM (in relevant subject)
HND AB in graded units (with at least SCQF Level 7 or NQF Level 4 in a relevant Mathematics course)
English language requirements
- If English is not your first language, you have to show that your English is good enough to succeed on your course. Please see our English language requirements.
Tuition fees for 2019 entry (by residency status)
||Scotland / EU**
||England / Northern Ireland / Wales***
||Paid by SAAS
* Your residency 'status' is usually defined as the country where you have been ordinarily resident for the three years before the start of your course. Find out more about tuition fees.
** European Union countries (not including England, Northern Ireland or Wales).
*** 'Rest of the UK' (RUK) students entering at Level 1 receive a fee waiver of one year's tuition fee. Normally this will be the final year, or a year during which students study abroad (either at a partnership institution, or at one of Heriot-Watt's overseas campuses).
You may incur additional costs in the course of your studies at Heriot-Watt over and above tuition fees in an academic year. Depending on your programme of study, these may include: protective equipment, field trips, professional memberships, studio fees, required course texts or other study resources.
Scholarships and bursaries
Bursaries for students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales starting undergraduate degree courses in 2020
In addition to government loans and grants towards the costs of fees and living costs, we are offering generous financial support to attract and support eligible students from England, Northern Ireland or Wales:
Merit Awards for international students starting undergraduate degree courses in 2019
If you are an international fee-paying, self-funded applicant and have achieved, or are on course to achieve, the minimum entry requirements for the programme you wish to study you may be eligible for:
View our full range of undergraduate scholarships.