Heriot-Watt is a world-leading university in the area of energy and renewables.
Within the Institute of Mechanical, Process and Energy Engineering (IMPEE) we develop the science and engineering of extracting, converting and conserving energy from novel sources in novel ways, while Heriot-Watt’s world-renowned International Centre for Island Technology (ICIT) spearheads internationally recognised research focused on the wave and tidal marine renewable energy sector.
We are a leader amongst UK universities in promoting energy activities through our ‘Energy Academy’, a virtual centre which connects all energy related research across the University. We also founded the Scottish Institute of Solar Energy Research (SISER), a pan University alliance of Solar Energy Research, which works in concert with Scottish research pools.
- Centre for Marine Biodiversity and Biotechnology
- Climate Change: Impacts and Mitigation MSc/Diploma/Certificate
- Climate Change: Managing the Marine Environment MSc/Diploma/Certificate
- Marine Biodiversity and Biotechnology MSc/Diploma/Certificate
- Marine Renewable Energy MSc/Diploma
- Marine Resource Development and Protection MSc/Diploma/Certificate
- Marine Science MSc/Diploma