Postgraduate enquiries (EPS)
+44 (0) 131 451 3023
The Mobile Communications degree is an advanced course in the ever expanding area of mobile communications and networks. It offers a good balance between hardware and software – aimed at electrical, electronic and computer engineering graduates.
The course focuses on engineering in the specification, design, development and deployment of mobile communications. You’ll be able to gain an in-depth understanding of the core skills, techniques and practices in mobile communications and networks. This Mobile Communications degree will also help you develop the skills capable of finding creative solutions in this specialist area.
The full-time course starts in mid September and lasts one year. The course can also be taken part-time over two years, or as a nine month Postgraduate Diploma.
Course contentDetailed course guide
Core subject areas
- Digital Signal Processing
- Digital Design
- Networks and Communications
- Research Methods Critical Analysis and Project Planning
- Principles of Mobile Communications
- RF Mobile Communication Systems
- Project Phase 1
- MSc Project
Optional Subject Areas
- Software Engineering 2
- Network Applications
Preferably, but not exclusively, a First or Second Class Honours Degree in a suitable numerate Science or Engineering subject. Recognised overseas equivalents will apply.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English, or your first degree was not taught in English, we’ll need to see evidence of your English language ability. The minimum requirement for English language is IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. We offer a range of English language courses to help you meet the English language requirement prior to starting your masters programme:
- 14 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with no more than one skill at 4.5);
- 10 weeks English (for IELTS of 5.5 with minimum of 5.0 in all skills);
- 6 weeks English (for IELTS 5.5 with minimum of 5.5 in reading & writing and minimum of 5.0 in speaking & listening)
Fees and funding
|Scotland / Non-UK EU||£5200||£2600||£650|
|England / Northern Ireland / Wales||£5200||£2600||£650|
* If you are unsure which category you fall in to, you should complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess your fees.
** Fee per course
Scholarships and bursaries
We aim to encourage well-qualified, ambitious students to study with us and we offer a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries to achieve this. Over £6 million worth of opportunities are available in fee and stipend scholarships, and more than 400 students benefit from this support.
View our full range of postgraduate taught scholarships.