We offer a stimulating international environment with all our programmes linked to the Institute’s active research groups: Signal and Image Processing (SIP), Ocean System Laboratory (OSL), Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Microsystems (MISEC), Microwave Engineering, and Wireless Communications.
We carry out world-class research in several aspects of signal processing, vision and robotics, sensor and network engineering, microsystem technology, microwave engineering, energy and power engineering.
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Biomedical Signal Processing and Imaging
- Audio, Video, Graphics and Interactive Systems
- Radar, Sonar, Lidar and Array Processing
- Tracking, Recognition and Classification
- Innovative Sensor Design, Manufacture, Integration and Packaging
- Microwave Antennas and Filters
- Microfabrication and Laser Processing
- Embedded Intelligence
- Wireless Communications
Please see our Institute of Sensors, Signals and Systems webpages to view research opportunities.
Please contact Institute to discuss.
Tuition fees for 2020 entry (by residency status)
|Home / EU
* If you are unsure which category you fall in to, you should complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess your fees.
Additional fees information
Funding for research programmes is on a case by case basis. Please contact the Institute for more information.
Scholarships and bursaries
We aim to encourage well-qualified, ambitious students to study with us and we offer a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries to achieve this. Over £6 million worth of opportunities are available in fee and stipend scholarships, and more than 400 students benefit from this support.
View our full range of research scholarships.