MACS PG Enquiries
+44(0) 131 451 8444
This Graduate Diploma in Information Technology prepares overseas graduates without an honours degree for admission to one of our MSc programmes in Computing or IT. English language can also be studied over the same period within the University's School of Social Sciences if required.
Successful completion of the Graduate Diploma with an overall average of at least 50% and an IELTS overall level of at least 6.0 can lead to progression to the MSc in the following year.
Further details are available here.
This programme starts in mid September. It lasts until June for those with adequate English for MSc admission (IELTS 6.0). For students with an IELTS level of 5.5 the programme continues until August.
Course contentDetailed course guide
All students take the following 5 mandatory courses:
- Project: Research Methods & Requirements Engineering
- Project: Design & Implementation
- Project: Testing & Presentation
- Software Engineering
- Professional Development
Students also take 3 computing course options from the following choices:
- Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Agents
- Database and Information Systems
- Software Engineering Foundations
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Operating Systems and Concurrency
- Sociotechnical and Soft Systems
- Software Engineering Master Class
IELTS 5.5 students also take the following 3 English courses
- Academic Writing 1 or Academic Reading 1 (semester 1)
- Academic Writing 2 & PG Research Skills (semester 2)
Further details are available here