+44 (0) 131 451 3090
This MSc in Human Resource Management from Edinburgh Buiness School is aimed at professional managers, both those already working in the field of 'people management' and those who see their careers developing in that direction. The programme is designed to help managers develop the strategic, functional and personal competences required to meet the increasingly demanding roles of HR, whatever their present level of experience.
The programme is structured to reflect the roles now demanded of the HR professional:
- Strategic partner – working to align human resources with business strategy.
- Change agent – managing change processes to increase the effectiveness of the organisation.
- Administrative expert – working to improve organisational processes and deliver basic human resource services.
- Employee champion – listening and responding to employees' needs.
In addition to core HR concepts and techniques, the programme addresses the increasingly important interfaces between HR and other key business functions, including marketing and communications, information and communications technologies and knowledge management. Managing across these interfaces is seen as an important way in which HR can meet the key strategic aims of organisations.
You can study this MSc by distance learning, with an Approved Learning Partner, or, for certain courses, on campus in Edinburgh on a 4-day immersion seminar to reinforce your self-study.
Passes are required in five core and four elective courses.
- Core courses
- Human Resource Development
- Human Resource Management
- Managing People in Changing Contexts
- Performance Management
- Employee Resourcing
- HRM specialist elective courses
- Developing Effective Managers and Leaders
- Employee Relations
- Managing People in Global Markets
- Managing Personal Competencies
- Organisational Behaviour
- Research Methods for Business and Management
Full details of the MSc in Human Resource Management core and elective courses are available from EBS.
Refer to the 'How to apply' information from Edinburgh Business School.
Fees & funding
Fees for this course can be found on the tuition fees page.
Scholarships & bursaries
We aim to encourage well-qualified, ambitious students to study with us and we offer a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries to achieve this. Over £6 million worth of opportunities are available in fee and stipend scholarships, and more than 400 students benefit from this support.
View our full range of postgraduate taught scholarships.