Postgraduate taught funded places
Heriot-Watt University has funding for a number of postgraduate scholarships for the academic year 2017-18.
Available to students who are permanently domiciled in Scotland, the funding is available for programmes selected to support the skills demands in Scotland's key economic growth areas.
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- Brewing and Distilling
- Civil Engineering and Construction Management
- Marine Renewable Energy
- Oil and Gas Innovation
- Oil and Gas Technology
- Petroleum Geoscience
- Photonics and Optoelectronic Devices
- Quantitative Financial Engineering
- Quantitative Finance and Mathematics
- Reservoir Evaluation and Management
- Renewable Energy Development
- Smart Grid and Demand Management
- Water and Environmental Management
According to the terms of the Scottish Funding Council (SFC), you are eligible to apply for a place if you have been living in Scotland for a continuous period of 3 years prior to 1 August 2017. Please note that this does not include residency for the purposes of study only.
Please explore our other Scholarship opportunities which you may be eligible for.
How to apply
- You can apply for the above Postgraduate programmes online, please see how to apply
- Please state your interest for a Postgraduate Taught Funded Place in the 'Additional Information' section of the form
- Create an account on our Online Scholarship Application Portal and complete the form 'SFC Postgraduate Funded Place Application Form'. This needs to be completed in full and submitted no later than 1st September, 2017.
- If you have your Postgraduate Programmes application reference number please quote this on your Funded Place application.
- Following the deadline, funded places will be awarded to those applicants where we consider the funding will make a difference to them being able to study at postgraduate level.
- If there are any unfilled places after this first deadline we may re-advertise for additional applications by a new deadline.
- If you have any queries, please email us at email@example.com
The full cost of tuition fees will be covered for eligible students on the specified programmes. Part time study may be available, please check with the relevant school. Funding is not available for distance learning versions of these programmes.
"After four years of undergraduate study, being granted the Scholarship to complete my postgraduate has enabled me to continue my progression into a professional area a lot more easily and swiftly than would have otherwise been possible. I would encourage anyone with a keen interest in the sector to consider the courses at ICIT, as it really is a world class environment in which to learn".
Emma Dunsmuir, PG Funded place recipient, MSc Renewable Energy Development
"The Scottish Funding Council bursary was a great personal boost to my masters. The ease with which it was received was also excellent. Many find themselves balancing university and part-time employment to keep themselves financially afloat. Having this bursary allowed me to focus less on part-time work and achieve grades which have more than surpassed my expectations going into the course".
Douglas Rowe, PG Funded place recipient, MSc Brewing & Distilling