Please see below a list of organisations that support our programmes through their scholarship schemes:
Bank Negara Malaysia
Kijang scholarship is awarded to eligible individuals to pursue pre-university and subsequently undergraduate studies in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science and Law at selected leading universities locally and globally.
Requirements for Kijang Scholarship include:
- Minimum 8As (A and A+ only) in SPM examinations
- Not exceeding 19 years of age
- Strong leadership qualities, high teamwork capabilities, excel in both extra-curricular activities and sports
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Sponsorship to pursue Bachelor Degree (Honours) will be extended subject to meeting the Bank's approved criteria.
The closing date for application is 30 April 2016
Great Eastern Life Malaysia
Great Eastern Supremacy Scholarship Award is one of the leading programmes in the insurance industry. Every year since 1998, we have been the platform to almost a hundred deserving, talented, young Malaysian to acquire their dreams. They dared to dream, to be different, and took the lead in realizing those dreams. In addition to that, this is also our way of nurturing the best talents for our company's future leaders.
Loh & Loh Corporation Bhd
The purpose of the scholarship is to support and provide educational opportunities for deserving and outstanding young Malaysians and to provide graduate-employability and serve as a talent supply chain for developing young leaders for the Group.
The scholarship programme offers full tuition fees and living expenses for successful applicants.
Maxis' What's Next Scholarship is a programme specially designed for those interested in pursuing a post-graduate degree (in any field of your choice).
- Are a Malaysian who isn't currently bonded with any organisation
- Have an offer letter from the university to pursue a post-graduate degree
- Have a track-record of academic achievements
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working in fast-paced environments
- Speak and write English very well
- Have a minimum of 3 years working experience
- Possess proven leadership qualities
- Are a high-achiever, very motivated and possess a dynamic personality
All scholarship recipients will work with the Maxis team upon completing their postgraduate studies.
Malaysian Rubber Export Promotion Council (MREPC)
The MREPC is an agency under the Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities that facilitates the export of quality rubber products worldwide. As part of our efforts to address the Malaysian rubber product industry’s needs for trained and qualified manpower, the MREPC Scholarship Awards Programme is set up to seek and retain the next generation of talents who can make significant contributions to the rubber product industry.
Since the grand launching of the Scholarship Awards Programme in June 2011, we have offered to more than 102 high achievers from various renowned universities to receive the Scholarship Awards. The MREPC Scholarship Awards offers tuition fees, living allowance, internship and employment opportunities upon graduation with established companies in the rubber product industry.
MNRB Holdings Berhad
The MNRB Scholarship Fund was established by MNRB Holdings Berhad in 1 April 1998 with an objective to assist in the development of the nation’s insurance and takaful industries by enabling promising students to have access to quality education in order to produce quality insurance and takaful professionals for the long term development of the Malaysian insurance and takaful industries.
Since then the Fund has awarded more than 430 bright Malaysians from all races to pursue full-time studies in Actuarial Science, Risk Management and Insurance at local universities. The Fund, in collaboration with the Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII), also awards scholarships to employees of the local insurance industry to pursue part-time studies for the Diploma of the Malaysian Insurance Institute (DMII) and the Associateship of the Malaysian Insurance Institute (AMII) certifications at MII.
Please refer to the MNRB website for qualifying criteria and to apply.
Shell Malaysia has approved scholarships for students planning to pursue, or currently pursuing, full-time undergraduate studies at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
Candidates who are pursuing Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering are encouraged to apply. However, candidates pursuing other engineering or sciences or non-technical (e.g. Finance or Human Resources) disciplines are also encouraged to apply.
Students with physical disabilities (Orang Kurang Upaya) are not restricted in their choice and may apply to do a degree in any discipline.
Yayasan Tan Sri Lee Shin Cheng
Yayasan Tan Sri Lee Shin Cheng is a non-profit organisation funded by the IOI Group which is a large and reputable public listed group. IOI Group’s core industries are in oil palm plantations (resource-based manufacturing such as refineries, oleo-chemicals and specialty oils and fats) and property development. We invite applications from qualified Malaysian citizens who have obtained admission into the first or second year of undergraduate study in local public and private universities in the following disciplines:
Undergraduate (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Agriculture/Forestry/Horticulture/Plantation Management*
- Engineering (Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical & Instrumental)
- Mass Communication/Marketing/Business Development
- Molecular Breeding
- Civil/Structural Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Building/Construction Management.
Applications are open from 15 April until 31 July 2016
Yayasan TELEKOM Malaysia Talent
Yayasan TM invites qualified Malaysians to apply for scholarships to pursue studies in these fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Electrical and Electronic
- Computer Science - Marketing
- Information Technology
- Network System & Security
- Data Analysis
- Software and Programming
The scholarship package includes:
- Tuition Fee
- Books and apparatus
- Computer allowance
- Practical allowance
Please refer to TM's website for qualifying criteria and to apply. (Closed 14 March 2016)
YTL Foundation offers scholarships to deserving Malaysian students to pursue their undergraduate degrees at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. The scholarship also includes an opportunity to study abroad at the UK campus.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Quantitiy Surveying
- Construction Project Management
- Students must generally come from families who would find it a challenge to finance tuition fees and living expenses.
- Must be Malaysian Citizens
- Applicants must be full-time students
- Must have good academic results.
- Good community service/extracurricular records.
- Accepted into good and recognised academic institutions.
Documents in soft copy to be uploaded:
- Photocopy of ID
- Photocopy of proposed Surety’s ID
- Copies of certificates (PMR, SPM, Matriculation, IGCSE/STPM/A-Levels)
- Offer letter or equivalent from university
- Fee letter
- Income Tax returns for both parents (if working) If retired, please submit last set of returns
- Passport Sized Photo
- 2 Referees (at least one has to be an academic referee)
- CV /Resume
- Personal Statement to upload in Word Format (not less than 1,000 words)
Submit your applications here.
Applications are open from December 2016 until 31 March 2017