Dubai Campus scholarships and discounts
Heriot-Watt University appreciates the investment students will make towards their education and, to help ease this financial burden, is in a position to offer the scholarships listed below to those applicants and Dubai Campus students who qualify.
Scholarships and discounts
Early Application Discount
A discount of AED 3000 will be awarded to any student, (foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate, excluding MBA) applying and paying tuition fee deposit by 09 June 2017 for September 2017 intake.
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus Degree Entry Programme (DEP) students who enrolled in September 2016 or Jan 2017 are not eligible to apply for this discount when progressing to the undergraduate level.
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus Undergraduate students completing their degree by September 2017 are eligible to apply for this discount when applying for a postgraduate programme for September 2017 intake
- To avail of this discount, students must apply and pay 10% of their tuition fees as advance payment (non-refundable) against their tuition fee. UAE based students must also provide the required post-dated cheques for their tuition fees dated from 5 September 2017. The advance payment and post-dated cheques (if applicable) must be paid on or before 09 June 2017.
- The Early Application discount amount of 3,000 AED will be distributed equally across the Instalment plan.
- This discount is applicable for students who have received an Unconditional Offer Letter or a Conditional Offer Letter from the university. Students who have received a Conditional Offer Letter must provide the remaining documents to receive an Unconditional Offer Letter from the university before the start of the academic year. In case a student does not meet the conditions required, his/her admission and early application discount both will become void and any tuition fee paid will be refunded back to the student.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the advance payment of the fees paid is non-refundable if an unconditional offer letter has been issued to the applicant.
- Application deadline: Friday, 9 June 2017
Full Advance Fee Payment Discount
A discount of 3% of the net annual tuition fees will be awarded to any student, (foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate excluding MBA) who pays their net annual tuition fees in full before 1st September 2017 for the September Intake or before 1st January 2018 for the January Intake.
If an offer letter is sent to the student after the deadline, then to avail the full advance fee payment discount the student must pay the annual tuition fee within 7 days of receiving the offer.
- To avail this discount, fees must be paid in cash, by current dated cheque, or through bank transfer.
- A student who first pays 10% of their fees (and PDCs for non-international students) to confirm their place for the chosen programme, and then decides to pay the tuition fee in full will also be eligible for this discount.
- International students, who pay their fees in full, are also eligible to apply for this discount.
- The discount will be calculated on the net tuition fee, after deducting any other applicable scholarship(s) or discount(s) received by the student.
Corporate Companies Discount
Groups of student working in the same organisation and applying and enrolling for any of the postgraduate programmes (excluding MBA) for the same intake will be eligible to the following discount upon enrolment:
- 3-5 students – 10%
- 6-10 students – 20%
- 10+ students – 25%
Terms and conditions
- Students need to submit proof that they are all currently work for the same organization.
- The discount applies to applicants from the same organization regardless of the country they are employed in.
- The discount applies to applicants enrolling in postgraduate programmes in the same intake only and does not apply to those enrolling for the MBA.
- The discount will be applied only after the enrolment of the whole group in the relevant intake.
- Fresh Graduate Alumni Scholarship: An Alumni Scholarship of 20% of the published tuition fee is awarded to Heriot-Watt University undergraduate students graduating in 2017 who qualify and decide to join one of the Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus’s postgraduate programmes in September 2017 only.
- An Alumni Scholarship of 10% of the published tuition fee is awarded to all other students that have previously graduated with a degree from Heriot-Watt University, who qualify and decide to join one of the Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus’s postgraduate programmes in September 2017 only.
Tuition Fee scholarship opportunities will be offered for applicants to some of our PhD programmes. For more details please contact the Admissions Office
Family Scholarships of 3,000 AED will be offered when two or more students from the same immediate family enroll for any foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
- Immediate family members include parents, spouse, and siblings.
- This scholarship will not apply to the first enrolled student, but only to the second, third, etc. family members.
- This scholarship will only apply for every year of study if there are two or more active and enrolled immediate family members paying their fees in the same academic year but for post-graduate students enrolled on the part-time option the scholarship would apply or be eligible for just one time for their enrolment on a programme.
- The scholarship amount will be distributed equally across the instalment payments made by the student.
International Students Scholarship
A special International Student Scholarship of up to 50% of the tuition fee will be offered to a maximum of 50 students.
This scholarship will be open to all applicants for any of the foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
These scholarships will be awarded based on a range of criteria including merit, sports, service to community/industry etc. and will only be applicable to applicants who are nominally residents in the below mentioned countries/regions: India, China, Pakistan, CIS, Africa
- Students who are awarded the International Student Scholarship are expected to voluntarily contribute to the University’s marketing efforts in their respective countries. This may include, but not be limited to writing blogs about their University experience, managing a country specific social media page, providing support at international recruitment events etc.
- Students must apply for scholarships using the scholarship request form and must attach all required supporting documents as mentioned in the scholarship form.
Merit students may qualify for a direct entry into the second year of a Bachelor Programme. Details of the criteria for direct admission into second year are listed on our programme pages and are available in the University’s Admissions Office. However, the decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
- Merit students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available. Similarly, merit students who are eligible to be admitted into the Advanced DEP programme can choose to join the DEP programme.
- The scholarship offered will be calculated on the net tuition fee of the first year after deducting any other scholarships/discounts that the student may have received.
- The scholarship offered is guaranteed and will be spread equally over the duration of the degree
- The scholarship offered will be distributed equally across the instalment payments made by the student per year.
- All decisions regarding scholarships and year of entry are at the discretion of the academic head after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects and English language requirements.
Undergraduate Merit Scholarship criteria
All undergraduate programmes (in all Heriot-Watt schools)
|CBSE students||High School (12th) Marks||80% - 84.9%||85% - 89.9%||90% and above|
|AS Levels||AS Level grades||AAAA|
|American High School Diploma (AHSD) + SAT Score||High School (12th) Marks + SAT Scores||AHSD 70% + Minimum SAT 1’s 1250
AHSD 70% + 3 AP’s with grade 4
Minimum 3 SAT 2’s 500 points each
|AHSD 80 % + Minimum 3 SAT
2’s 500 each
OR Minimum 3 APs with grade 4 each
|AHSD 90% +
either 3 SAT 2’s (500 each)
OR Minimum 3 APs with grade 4 each
|International Baccalaureate||Points||28 – 32||33-36||37 and above|
|Tawjihiyya (other Ministry curriculum equivalent)||Grade 12 marks||85% - 89.9%||90% – 94.9%||95% and above|
Degree Entry Programme Merit Scholarship criteria
|GCSE / IGCSE||3 Bs||4 Bs||5 Bs|
|International Baccalaureate / MYP||Three 5s||Four 5s||Five 5s|
|Kazakh/Russian National curriculum (Attestat)||All 5s except 3 subjects||All 5s except 2 subject||All 5s except 1 subject|
|Philippine – year 10||85%||88%||90%|
|CBSE – year 11||75%||78%||80%|
|WAEC||Three B3s||Four B3s||Five B3s|
- Must include higher marks where stipulated above in relevant subjects:
- DEP Engineering: Mathematics, English and Physics/Chemistry
- DEP Management: Mathematics and English
- DEP Design: English
- Students will receive the discount evenly over the 5 years of DEP + Honours Degree
For example: for 50% scholarship = 20,0000 AED = 4,000AED per year for 5 years
* Not including Advanced DEP
- Students who achieve the above grades in DEP will be entitled to upgrade their scholarship to 30-50% of the annual fee for their chosen undergraduate degree.
For example: 50% scholarship for Civil Engineering = 30,000AED = 7,500 per year for 4 years
- Must include minimum of required percentage in relevant subjects:
- EPS/EGIS: Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry
- MACS: Mathematics or Statistics and Mathematics for Business
- SoSS: Business Management and English
- TEX: Design Studies
Edinburgh Business School MBA Scholarship Scheme
A maximum of 5 scholarships of up to AED 17,000 is available each academic year for students accepted to the full-time MBA programme at our Dubai campus.
These are awarded at the discretion of the Scholarships Committee on the basis of prior academic achievement and financial hardship.
Scholarship applications can only be made once an unconditional offer to attend the MBA programme, has been received and accepted by a student.
Scholarship applications are considered once, per academic intake, and should reach the Admissions Office by no later than 10 January.
For further information contact DubaiMBA@ebs.hw.ac.uk
Petroleum Engineering Scholarship
Students applying to the Petroleum Engineering postgraduate programme in the September 2017 Intake would be granted a 25% tuition fees waiver.
Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship
A Scholarship of up to 50% of the tuition fee will be offered to a maximum of 50 students from China.
- This scholarship will be open to applicants for any of the foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- These scholarships will be awarded based on a range of criteria including merit, sports, service to community/industry etc. and will only be applicable to applicants who are nominally resident in China.
- Students who are awarded this scholarship are expected to voluntarily contribute to the University’s marketing efforts. This may include, but not be limited to writing blogs about their University experience, managing a country specific social media page, providing support at international recruitment events etc.
- Students must apply for scholarships using the scholarship request form and must attach all required supporting documents as mentioned in the scholarship form by 1 September 2017
Terms and conditions for all scholarships/discounts above
- Students cannot apply for and receive more than one type of scholarship award. Students however can qualify for more than one discount.
- Unless otherwise stated, scholarships mentioned above do not apply to students studying the MBA or any other programme from the Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University.
- Unless otherwise stated, all scholarships apply to programmes commencing in September 2017, at the Dubai Campus and cannot be used for study at other campuses.
- Unless otherwise stated, all scholarships are to be offered once, for the first year only
- Students must apply for scholarships using the scholarship request form and must attach all required supporting documents as mentioned in the scholarship form by the deadline date of 1 September 2017 (or applicable date as mentioned).
- Additional forms and supporting documents may be required to decide on a scholarship/discount request and must be in English (certified translated documents must be provided if the documents are not in English)
- Scholarships cannot be exchanged for cash or be transferred
- There is a set budget for scholarships every year and the University reserves the right to withdraw, amend or discontinue any scholarship/discount from time to time.
- The University reserves the right to cancel any award of scholarship/discount if a student is found in breach of any guidelines set by the University or has falsified any information.
- The decisions made by the University are final and there are no provisions or processes for appeal.
- Above scholarships and discounts apply to study option at the Dubai Campus only and cannot be transferred to other campuses.
- Other terms and conditions may apply.