Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Campus
+603 8894 3888
This Bachelor's degree will prepare you for a career in the management of construction projects from inception to completion, including throughout all stages of the design and construction process.
Much of the curriculum is concerned with the management and supervision of construction sites and the resource planning connected with large scale projects. There is also a strong emphasis on construction technology as well as on courses that give students a background in valuation and procurement.
There is strong demand for built environment professionals in construction sectors on a global scale; the profession of project management needs highly qualified graduates with specialist knowledge in their field as well as an awareness of the wider issues of construction project management.
Teaching and assessment
Teaching involves a mix of lectures, tutorials and practical work. Assessment is by a combination of coursework and examination. By the final year, coursework assessment, principally through the design project and research dissertations, accounts for 50% of the final assessment.
View or download full details of core, optional and elective courses/projects..
- Construction Technology 2
- Commercial Law
- Surveying and Monitoring in the Built and Natural Environment
- Cost Modelling and Measurement
- Facilities Management Principles
- Safety Management and Site Establishment
- Construction Technology 3
- Procurement and Contracts
- Design Cost Planning and Control
- Project Planning and Control
- Design for Construction
- Cost and Value Management
- Construction Information Management
- Construction Project Management
- Innovation in Construction Practice
- Design Project
The main graduate destination is in the discipline of Project Management within the construction sector. The programme is focused on delivering high quality graduates for the public and private sector in client, consultancy and contracting organisations. Our graduates work for national and international contracting firms and project management consultants including YTL Group, Petronas, Setia Group and Tesco.
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Science or Foundation in Business: CCCC
- A-Level/STPM: BBC
- UEC: 3A 2B
- SAM: ATAR 75
- CPU: 75%
- SMA 3 (Indonesia): 8
- IB Diploma: 26 points
- Diploma deemed recognised by the Malaysia Government
- Any other relevant qualification deemed recognised by the Malaysia Government.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 is required.
If you do not have IELTS 6.0, we offer a Pre-Sessional English Programme (PSEP) prior to commencing your studies.
View our tuition fees for this course.