Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university and international students make up about one third of our student population.
We currently have 7 Zimbabwean students studying at the Edinburgh Campus across all levels of study.
Previous students from Zimbabwe have studied:
- MA Business Management
- Architectural Engineering (BEng/MEng)
- BSc Mathematical, Statistical and Actuarial Sciences
Our Zimbabwean alumni
Our Zimbabwean alumni include professionals in United Bottlers, METZO Minerals Zimbabwe Ltd, the Reserve Bank of Namibia and Medical Investments Ltd, amongst others.
Heriot-Watt students are able to come together to learn about and celebrate African and Caribbean cultures through our African and Caribbean Society. The Society runs lots of different activities and social events throughout the year to celebrate diversity and is open to everyone.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- If you hold A-Levels or the International Baccalaureate, please consult our online prospectus for specific programme entry requirements.
- Zimsec (Zimbabwe Certificate of Secondary Education Advanced Level) subject exams are considered comparable to A-Levels.
- If you do not meet the entry qualifications for Year 1 entry, we suggest completing a Foundation programme, which may allow you to fast-track to the second year of an undergraduate programme. We offer Foundation Programmes at our Malaysia and Dubai campuses:
- For most of our Masters level programmes we require a good first degree, in most cases the equivalent to an Upper Second Class Honours degree from a recognised university, in a relevant subject area.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
- International Fee Scholarships (School of Textiles & Design)
- International Scholarships Programme (School of Engineering & Physical Sciences)
- Chevening Scholarships
Students from Zambia may also be eligible for:
Our representatives in Zimbabwe
We work with approved representatives in Zimbabwe who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Find your nearest representative