Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population. Within that population we have a small number of Venezuelan students.
Previous students from Venezuela have studied:
- Actuarial Science (BSc/MSc)
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MA Business Management
- MA Accountancy and Finance
Heriot-Watt students are able to join in with over 50 student societies through which they can participate in different activities from academic societies through sports and interest groups such as drama and music among other things.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- If you would like to study in the UK and do not meet the entry requirements for our degree programmes, we recommend that you take an International Foundation Programme at Edinburgh College. Here you will sit Scottish Highers as well as studying academic English language. Successful completion of this will allow you to apply for a degree programme at Heriot-Watt and receive a 10% fee reduction off the first year's tuition fees.
- Foundation Programmes are also available at our Dubai and Malaysia campuses.
- Applicants who hold the Bachiller would normally be required to complete a foundation programme before beginning an undergraduate degree. See our Foundation page for more information.
- For most of our Masters level programmes we require a Licenciatura with a score of 14/20, 6.5/9.0, or 75% or above depending on the marking scale in a relevant subject.
- For PhD study a Masters level qualification from a good university is normally required. Applicants should also demonstrate some form of research experience.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt: