Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population.
We currently have 10 Russian students studying with us at our Edinburgh Campus, and a further 7 at our Dubai Campus.
We have an established relationship with the British Council in Moscow, and are collaborating with the following prestigious institutions:
- Moscow Power Engineering Institute (MPEI)
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University (BMSTU)
- Lomonosov Moscow State University (LMSU)
- Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (MSUCE)
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT)
Six Santander Scholarships, valued at £5,000 each, are available to support students enrolling on a taught Masters programme in September 2016 at any Heriot-Watt University campus.
Previous students from Russia have studied:
- Business Management, MA
- Finance (MA/MSc)
- Accountancy and Finance, MA
- Psychology, BSc
- Oil and Gas Technology, MSc
- Chemical engineering (BEng/MEng)
- Civil Engineering, MSc
- Fashion and Textiles Design, MA
The Scotland-Russia Forum, based in Edinburgh's old town, is open to everyone interested in arts, culture, and contemporary affairs from Russia and Central Asia.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
Year 1 entry
- Good/excellent grades in the USE can be considered for year 1.
- Lower grades may be considered if you have completed a Foundation Programme. We offer Foundation Programmes at our Malaysia and Dubai campuses.
Year 2 entry
- Good Diploma of Secondary Vocational Education (advanced level).
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
- International Fee Scholarships (School of Textiles & Design)
- International Scholarships Programme (School of Engineering & Physical Sciences)
- Chevening Scholarships
Our representatives in Russia
We work with approved representatives in Russia who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Find your nearest representative