Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population. Within that population we have a small number of Peruvian students.
Previous students from Peru have studied:
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Marine Biodiversity and Biotechnology
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng/MEng)
- MA Business Management
- MSc Energy
- MSc Information Technology (Business)
Heriot-Watt students are able to join in with over 50 student societies through which they can participate in different activities from academic societies through sports and interest groups such as drama and music among other things.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- Applicants who hold the Bachillerato or Bachillerato Especializado would normally be required to complete a foundation programme before beginning an undergraduate degree. We offer Foundation Programmes at our Malaysia and Dubai campuses.
- For most of our Masters level programmes we require a Licenciado with a score of 15/20 or above in a relevant subject.
- For PhD study a Masters level qualification from a good university is normally required. Applicants should also demonstrate some form of research experience.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
Heriot-Watt is currently the only Scottish university who works with the Peruvian funding body PRONABEC. This is primarily for funding in Marine Science and Renewable Energy. We suggest contacting PRONABEC directly for further information about your eligibility.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt: