Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university and international students make up about one third of our student population.
We currently have five students from Namibia enrolled on Heriot-Watt University programmes.
Previous students from Namibia have studied:
Our Namibian alumni
Our Namibian alumni include professionals in Telecom Namibia Ltd, Namport and Indongo Motors Ltd, amongst others.
Heriot-Watt students are able to come together to learn about and celebrate African and Caribbean cultures through our African & Caribbean Society. The Society runs lots of different activities and social events throughout the year to celebrate diversity and is open to everyone.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- You will be be considered for entry on to Year 1 of our undergraduate programmes if you hold strong grades in the Nambian Senior School Certificate (NSSC) Higher Level or Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate (COHSC).
- Students holding the Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate (Ordinary Level) will need to have completed a Foundation Programme. We offer Foundation Programmes at our Malaysia and Dubai campuses:
- Programmes at our Malaysia and Dubai campuses.
- Students holding the Higher/International General Certificate of Secondary Education (H/IGCSE) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- If you hold A-Levels or the International Baccalaureate, please consult our online prospectus for specific programme entry requirements.
- For the majority of our Masters level programmes we require a good first degree in a relevant subject. For Namibia this would be an A or a B (70%-100%) from the University of Namibia.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
- International Fee Scholarships (School of Textiles & Design)
- International Scholarships Programme (School of Engineering & Physical Sciences)
- Chevening Scholarships
Students from Namibia may also be eligible for:
- Department for International Development (DFID) Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- African Scholarship Programme