Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population.
We usually have one or two students from Moldova studying with us each year and would be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
Previous students from Moldova have studied:
- MA Business and Finance
- Chemical Engineering (BEng/MEng)
- MSc Renewable Energy Engineering
- Mathematics (BSc/MMath/MSc)
- BSc Information Systems
The Scotland-Russia Forum, based in Edinburgh's old town, is open to everyone interested in arts, culture, and contemporary affairs from Russia and Central Asia.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
Level 1 entry
- Higher scores in the Diplomã de Bacalaureat would be considered for entry, otherwise we would require you to complete a foundation programme before beginning an undergraduate degree. We offer Foundation Programmes at our Malaysia and Dubai campuses:
- Applicants with a grade of around 7.0 in the Diploma de Licenta would be considered for entry to most of our Masters programmes.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
- International Fee Scholarships (School of Textiles & Design)
- International Scholarships Programme (School of Engineering & Physical Sciences)
- Chevening Scholarships