Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population. We currently have 7 students from Kenya enrolled on Heriot-Watt University programmes.
Previous students from Kenya have studied:
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng/MEng)
- MSc Water and Environmental Management
- MSc Water Technology and Desalination
Heriot-Watt students are able to join in with over 50 student societies through which they can participate in different activities from academic societies through sports and interest groups such as drama and music among other things.
Heriot-Watt students are able to come together to learn about and celebrate African and Caribbean cultures through our African & Caribbean Society. The Society runs lots of different activities and social events throughout the year to celebrate diversity and is open to everyone.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- If you would like to study in the UK and do not meet the entry requirements for our degree programmes, we recommend that you take a Foundation Programme, which are available at our Dubai and Malaysia campuses.
- If you hold the KCSE you will require a Foundation Certificate for entry onto Year 1.
- Students holding the Ordinary Diploma or Higher Diploma may be considered for Year 1 entry on a case-by-case basis.
- If you hold A-Levels or the International Baccalaureate, please consult our online prospectus for specific programme entry requirements.
- For most of our Masters level programmes we require a good first degree, in most cases the equivalent to an Upper Second Class Honours degree from a recognised university, in a relevant subject area.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
Students from Kenya may also be eligible for:
Our representatives in Kenya
We work with approved representatives in Kenya who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Find your nearest representative