Hong Kong

National flag of Hong Kong

Student life at Heriot-Watt

We pride ourselves on being an international university and international students make up about one third of our student population. Each year we welcome small numbers of students from Hong Kong to our Scottish Campuses, mostly for undergraduate study.

Entry requirements

For more details on our application process, get help with your application.

These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.


  • If you would like to study in the UK and do not meet the entry requirements for our degree programmes, we recommend that you take a Foundation Programme which are also available at our Dubai and Malaysia campuses.


  • Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education, level 3 or above.
  • Some programmes may be higher and may have specific subject requirements, e.g. Maths and Physics for Engineering programmes.


  • A 4 year bachelors degree in a relevant subject with 60% or above.

English language requirements

If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.

Tuition fees

Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.

Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:

Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.

Scholarships and bursaries

At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.

Our representatives in Hong Kong

We work with approved representatives in Hong Kong who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Find your nearest representative

Visa and immigration information

Please see our International Student Advisors Office (ISAO) website for information and guidance on:

Key information

Zibo Wang (Simon)

Xinyue Pang (Helen)

Jiajing Cao (Marissa)

Tianli Huang (Echo)

Zhongyi Wang

Yizao Hong