Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university and international students make up about one third of our student population.
Heriot-Watt usually has around five students from Azerbaijan studying with us each year at our Scottish campuses as well as several others at our campuses in Dubai and Malaysia.
We signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with SOCAR, the State Oil Company of the Republic of Azerbaijan, in January 2012. This has led to Heriot-Watt programmes in Petroleum Engineering at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate level being delivered at the Baku Higher Oil School in Azerbaijan. Contact the Oil School directly for opportunities in these programmes.
Previous students from Azerbaijan have studied:
- BEng Mechanical Engineering
- BEng Chemical Engineering
- MSc Finance & Management
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
The Scotland-Russia Forum, based in Edinburgh's old town, is open to everyone interested in arts, culture, and contemporary affairs from Russia and Central Asia.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- If you would like to study in the UK and do not meet the entry requirements for our degree programmes, we recommend that you take a Foundation Programme that are available at our Dubai and Malaysia campuses.
Year 1 entry
- Exceptional applicants who have been awarded a Gold Medal.
- Applicants who have been awarded A-Levels and an Attestat.
- A foundation certificate, such as the Foundation Programmes offered at our Dubai and Malaysia campuses.
Year 2 entry
- Students holding a Diploma from a technical or vocational school.
- A Bakalavr Diplomu in relevant subject with a pass mark of 70% or higher.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
- International Fee Scholarships (School of Textiles & Design)
- International Scholarships Programme (School of Engineering & Physical Sciences)
- Chevening Scholarships
Our representatives in Azerbaijan
We work with approved representatives in Azerbaijan who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Find your nearest representative