Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university and international students make up about one third of our student population.
Each year we welcome small numbers of students from Australia to our Scottish campuses onto both our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Previous students from Australia have studied:
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- Generally an ATAR score of 80+ is required. Some programmes may be higher and may have specific subject requirements, e.g. Maths and Physics for Engineering programmes. Please check your eligibility with the International Recruitment Office.
- For students from Queensland, a score of 6 or less is required. Some subjects have higher requirements.
- A bachelors degree in a relevant subject; 2nd class or above.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
- International Fee Scholarships (School of Textiles & Design)
- International Scholarships Programme (School of Engineering & Physical Sciences)
- Chevening Scholarships
Our representatives in Australia
We work with approved representatives in Australia who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Find your nearest representative