Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population.
We currently have 7 students from Angola enrolled on Heriot-Watt University programmes.
Previous students from Angola have studied:
Heriot-Watt students are able to come together to learn about and celebrate African and Caribbean cultures through our African & Caribbean Society. The Society runs lots of different activities and social events throughout the year to celebrate diversity and is open to everyone.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- If you hold the BGCSE unfortunately you do not meet our entry requirements.
- If you would like to study in the UK and do not meet the entry requirements for our degree programmes, we recommend that you take an International Foundation Programme at Edinburgh College. Here you will sit Scottish Highers as well as studying academic English language. Successful completion of this will allow you to apply for a degree programme at Heriot-Watt and receive a 10% fee reduction off the first year's tuition fees.
- Foundation Programmes are also available at our Dubai and Malaysia campuses.
- If you hold the Ensino Geral Certificado de Habilitações / Certificado de Habilitações, you will need to complete an International Foundation programme such as the one offered by Edinburgh College.
- If you hold A-Levels or the International Baccalaureate, please consult our online prospectus for specific programme entry requirements.
- For most of our Masters level programmes we require a good first degree, in most cases the equivalent to an Upper Second Class Honours degree from a recognised university, in a relevant subject area.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
View our range of scholarships to study at Heriot-Watt.