6-week programme in Thailand
On-campus 6-week pre-sessional – Bangkok, Thailand
BRIT Language Centre is an approved learning partner of Heriot-Watt University and will be running its 6-week pre-sessional portfolio course in Bangkok. The course programme and outcomes are identical to those of the course run at Heriot-Watt University's Edinburgh campus.
If you are close to meeting or you have met the English condition for your degree, this very intensive course can top up your language proficiency and raise your awareness of the way you will be expected to study in English.
The course will take place in classrooms at the Brit Language Centre.
Dates and fees
|Duration/Format||Start date||End date||Deadline for applications|
|6 weeks/weekdays||15 May||23 June||28 April (Friday)|
|11 weeks/weekend||10 June||18 Aug||20 May (Friday)|
|6 weeks/weekdays||10 July||18 Aug||17 June (Friday)|
|11 weeks/weekend||16 Sep||24 Nov||26 August (Friday)|
|6 weeks/weekdays||16 Oct||24 Nov||23 September (Friday)|
- Location: Brit Language Centre, Bangkok
- Fee: 99,550 Baht
- IELTS 5.5 with no skill lower than 5.0 (UG);
- IELTS 5.5 with no skill lower than 5.5 (PG)
- MSc Translating and Interpreting unconditional offer for the postgraduate degree
Benefits of studying in Thailand
- No need to take a secure English language test (SELT) at an approved centre
- Save on visa extensions, accommodation and living costs in the UK
- If unsuccessful in achieving the required grade, there is still time to retake IELTS
- Progression results can be used to satisfy the English language condition at a variety of Scottish universities (ask for details).
The assessment on the pre-sessional programme comprises a variety of
coursework tasks and a language exam. Achieving an overall grade C (50%)
across your assessments enables you to progress to your degree at Heriot -Watt
Other institutions accept the outcomes for the Heriot-Watt pre-sessional course.
Please check with the administrator for the university and degree you wish to
Assessment for the pre-sessional course is:
• Research project (40%)
• Poster interaction (15%)
• Seminar discussion (25%)
• Language exam (20%)
How to apply
Find out how to apply for a pre-sessional academic English course.
For help with your application, contact the BRIT Language Centre: