Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4435 8700
Lean Six Sigma is considered as a World Class Process Excellence programme in over 60% of the Fortune 500 companies and hence this course will develop Logistic and Supply Chain leaders of tomorrow. Where there is waste there is need for lean process. Where there is dysfunction within logistics functions, Six Sigma probes to expose problems and prescribe solutions. Moreover, there is clear evidence that a number of professional jobs in the Logistics and Supply Chain global market seek qualifications on Lean and Six Sigma for achieving and sustaining competitive advantage. The successful completion of the course can be used as a fast track mechanism for gaining professional qualifications to accreditation by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
The programme will allow students to develop a solid understanding of Lean Six Sigma methodology through an understanding the Fundaments of Lean Six Sigma and Quality Management and Engineering, yet also develop skills within Logistics and Supply Chain Management though, for example, Global Purchasing and Supply, Freight Transport and Warehouse Management, and Strategies for Managing Supply Chains.
Graduates from this degree should be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the features, boundaries, terminology and conventions of logistics and six sigma.
- Apply state-of-the-art concepts, methods, principles, tool and techniques relating to quality and process improvement for all sorts of organisations in a global context.
- Identify, conceptualise and define new problems and issues associated with practice, innovation and implementation of processes and techniques central to both disciplines.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
Course contentDetailed course guide
- Strategies for Managing Supply Chains
- Global Purchasing & Supply
- Freight Transport and Warehouse Management
- Fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma
- Demand and Inventory Planning
- Supply Network Design & Optimisation
- Quality Management & Engineering
- Research Philosophy and Practice
A dissertation on a related topic is completed over the summer months
For MSc entry, a good relevant Honours degree (first or second class) or equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered. Given the clear practical element of the programmes, we will also consider non-graduate candidates holding less than a good Honours degree, or its equivalent, but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma programme. Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exams and course work are at MSc level.
To find out about the entry requirements for this programme, kindly call +971 4 4358700 or please send an email to email@example.com
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5 (with all elements passed at 6.0 or above). Applicants who have completed secondary and tertiary education will need to provide documentary evidence. A minimum of one year full-time study in English will be required.
- AED 81900*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.