Many students think about leaving university at some stage during their studies. If anything is bothering you or you are thinking about leaving, please speak to a member of staff to explore and understand what you can do.
There may be other options such as additional help (perhaps advice on how to improve your academic skills), a temporary suspension of studies or transferring to another programme.
On these pages you will find a range of information and advice that can help you if you are thinking about leaving:
- Overcoming obstacles to studying successfully on your programme
- Changing option courses
- Worried that you are on the wrong programme?
- Take a break from studying
- Change of mode
- Transfer to another programme at Heriot-Watt
- Transfer to a programme at another university
- Things to check, including possible financial implications
- Exploring non-university options
- Withdrawing from University
Here to help
We offer a dedicated email contact for your questions and concerns, or why not come along to one of our drop-in advice sessions:
Drop-in advice sessions during term time
- Tuesday 14.00 to 16.00
- Friday 10.00 to 12.00
Sessions take place in Student Support and Accommodation, Hugh Nisbet Building, opposite the bank.
Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia campuses
Contact the student advisors listed.