Your graduation ceremony is a formal occasion and the dress code is therefore formal.
For women: a dark skirt/dress/trouser suit, white/dark blouse would be appropriate.
For men: a dark suit/trousers, white shirt, dark tie would be appropriate.
- An academic gown and hood must be worn
- Mortar boards are not part of Heriot-Watt University's academic dress and should not be worn during the ceremony
- Smart/formal dark/black colours should be worn under the academic gown (with white or light shirts where appropriate).
- Academic or regimental ties are permitted
- National Dress may be worn
- Sports Union winners are invited to wear their full Blue or Platinum medals during the ceremony
- Jeans or other denim garments are not permitted
- Trainers or other sportswear are not permitted