For currently enrolled undergraduate students, there are three main criteria for eligibility for an Inter-Campus Transfer.

  1.  Your undergraduate degree programme must be available at the Campus you wish to transfer to (you can check this below).
  2.  You must pass all exams and assessment to enable you to progress to the academic year in which you intend to transfer.  If you have a resit, you will normally not be eligible.
  3.  You must not have any outstanding debts to the University (e.g. tuition fees, accommodation fees).

In addition, you must complete one full year of study before transferring.

UK students cannot normally transfer for their final year of study, due to funding restrictions from SAAS and Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland.  Please contact goglobal@hw.ac.uk for further information.

Students on Postgraduate Taught (Masters) Programmes should contact the Go Global Team on goglobal@hw.ac.uk as applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Application forms

We are pleased to announce that applications for Go Global Inter-Campus Transfers during the Academic Year 2019/20 are now open!  Temporary and permanent transfer requests can be submitted.

Eligible undergraduate students can now submit their MyHWU – Inter-Campus Transfer application using Student Self Service. The simple application form can be completed online.

The deadlines for submitting an application is different depending on the Campus you are applying to study at.  For each Campus the deadline is as follows:

  • Applying to transfer to Malaysia Campus: Tuesday 30 April 2019
  • Applying to transfer to Dubai Campus: Friday 14 June 2019
  • Applying to transfer to UK campuses: Friday 14 June 2019

Check eligibility

Please use the eligibility checker below to find out at which Heriot-Watt Campus your degree programme or related degree programmes are currently available. If your programme is available at a Campus you wish to apply to transfer to, you should be eligible to apply for an Inter-Campus Transfer.