Once you've enrolled, you will be issued with a student identity card for the duration of your studies at Heriot-Watt University.
Your student identity card acts as your university library borrower's card, and your library number is printed under the barcode. You will go to a library induction session as part of your induction programme or you can check in the library and on the Information Services website.
The photograph on your student identity card should be a clearly identifiable passport-style photograph taken against a white background.
Please provide this photograph in advance by either:
- uploading an electronic photograph to the online enrolment system when you enrol online. This will save you time when you complete your enrolment.
- email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Using your card
You will have to show your student identity card to an authorised person on the following occasions:
- at examinations
- as evidence of membership of the Students' Union
- for use of Library and Computing Services
- on request by a member of the University's staff (including the Wardens and Security Patrol Officers)
- on any other occasion where a reasonable request is made
It is essential that you keep your card safe, as you will only be able to get a replacement card if:
- you lose it
- it gets damaged and is unusable
- its expiry date changes
A charge of £10 will be made for a replacement card in the event of loss or damage. (You will not be charged if you have an official police report confirming that the card has been stolen.)
Please contact the Student Service Centre for more information.