Make sure to bring with you all the important documents that you'll need for your first few days on campus.
To complete your enrolment
To complete the enrolment process when you arrive on campus you must bring the following with you:
- Heriot-Watt University Person ID. You'll find this on any recent correspondence from us.
- Photographic identification, eg passport. You'll be required to show photographic identification to complete your enrolment.
- Visa. If you are an international student who is subject to immigration control, you'll need to show your visa to complete your enrolment.
- Financial responsibilities. You can scan and email your sponsor or funding letter (excluding SAAS and SLC letters) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can't do this, you should bring it with you to the enrolment completion event.
To get your Police Registration Certificate (international students only)
If you are on a student visa with the condition "Register with the police within 7 days", then you will have to apply for a Police Registration Certificate shortly after you arrive in the UK. For students arriving in September you should report to the Nationality Department of Police Scotland, based in Fettes Avenue close to the city centre:
When registering with the police, you need to bring the following items:
- your passport
- two recent passport sized photographs
- your offer/acceptance or student certification letter from Heriot-Watt University
- enrolment fee of £34 (cash only)
- a legibly written note of your home and UK addresses
- your sponsor letter if your fees are being covered by someone else
The department is open from Monday to Friday, from 9.00am - 12.30pm