How to make an appointment
Please be aware that the counselling service is not an emergency service. If you are experiencing a crisis or emergency and you have the SafeZone app, you can click the large, red 'emergency' button to get in contact with Safeguarding services if you are on campus. If you are off campus, this will put you through to your local emergency services.
If you do not have the SafeZone app, you can contact emergency services by calling 999 from any phone.
Additionally, you can phone the following 24-hour helpline:
- Befrienders Tel: 03-7956 8145
To make an appointment for counselling
- Go to the Book an Appointment tile on myHWU and select the option that suits you best.
- All information is held securely, and complies with the General Data Protection Regulation and Lembaga Kaunselor Malaysia professional code.
To make an enquiry about counselling
- To enquire about counselling or support for yourself or someone you have a concern about, log into myHWU and check the FAQs on the wellbeing section of the Ask HWU tile. You can contact us by logging an enquiry against any of our wellbeing FAQs.
- If you are not a registered student at Heriot-Watt University and you would like to enquire about support for someone you are concerned about, please email us email@example.com.