What is The Student Success Forum?
The Student Success Forums are a series of events created to provide students with advice and knowledge on how to get the most out of university and how to enrich the overall student experience. Each forum will focus on specific student concerns and topics, such as making the most from your exam results, effectively using academic study skills, as well as focusing on your overall wellbeing whilst at Heriot-Watt University.
These forums are organised by our Student Success Advisors, who use their own experience and knowledge of being Heriot-Watt graduates to give current students advice and guidance regarding their studies. We also invite guests from the University community to speak at the forums, such as staff from the Careers Service, the Library, and also current students. Each guest speaker will provide beneficial knowledge and information on the topic being discussed, and students will also have the opportunity to ask questions regarding each topic, either directly or anonymously.
If you have any questions or even suggestions for a Student Success Forum that could be held in the future, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Mon 4 Feb 2019||Next Steps: post exam results||12:15-13:15||Edinburgh||MBG20|
Next Steps: post exam results
- How can I do better this semester?
- What strategies can I use to revise?
- What can I do about exam stress?
- How can I manage my time?
- How can I improve my chances of getting a good job?
- What help can I get to develop my skills in academic writing, referencing etc?
- Careers Advisor
- Academic Support and Liaison Librarian
- Student Wellbeing Representative
- Student Success Advisor
- Current Heriot-Watt student