Student success advisors
University can be a challenge sometimes, so it is always better to share what’s going on and ask questions rather than let things get on top of you.
Nobody knows this better than students who have been through it all themselves, so Heriot-Watt has introduced an innovative new global support service for undergraduate students: a team of student success advisors, all of whom are recent Heriot-Watt graduates.
The advisors are based in Student Wellbeing and are available to offer help and advice to students both face to face and via myHWU.
Student success advisor activities
Student success advisors are involved in a range of activities including:
- Pre-entry advice and guidance.
- Induction programmes.
- Orientation and welcome activities for students in on campus accommodation.
- Providing targeted updates and information about news and events on campus relevant to students.
- Advice and guidance to students at all stages of study.
- Working with Schools and other professional services to develop and deliver initiatives and activities which will enhance the student experience and student success.
How the student success advisors can help you
With the benefit of recent experience and successful study at Heriot-Watt, the student success advisors are able to advise students from a position of really knowing what it is like being a student here and can offer advice based on their own experiences. They also have an overview of the other support resources available at Heriot-Watt and can point you in the right direction if you need it.
Student advice drop-in sessions 2019/20 and contact information
The student success advisors are currently offering student advice drop-in sessions at our Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Malaysia, and Dubai campuses where you can get one-to-one advice with an advisor.
- Monday-Friday: 12pm-1pm
Student Wellbeing Centre, Hugh Nisbet Building
Contact the Student Success mailbox:
Scottish Borders campus
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10am-12pm
Student Wellbeing Office, Pavilion 2 Building, Jean Muir Student Village
Contact Lucinda Nash:
- Tuesday: 10am-12pm
- Wednesday: 2pm-4pm
- Thursday: 10am-12pm
Student Support Services - East Wing, Ground Floor
Contact Syifaa Syahirah Mohammad Salmi:
Contact Mohammed Al-Chalabi: