Our support for students with Asperger Syndrome is based on each individual's needs. We try to organise the support you may require in advance of you beginning your studies so it is vital that you contact the Disability Service or Student Advisor as soon as possible. You can make an appointment to see us and bring someone with you to the meeting if you prefer.
Examples of the support we can provide include:
- a 2 day Transition Programme to help you with the move from school/college into university (based at the Edinburgh campus)
- an invitation to our 3 day Summer School (based at the Edinburgh campus)
- Exam and coursework adjustments
- Communications support such as the National Autistic Society's Socialeyes programme,
- Specialist input from Number 6 Autism Initiatives. A team of 3 support workers from Number 6 are based at the University
- Assistive software and training
- Arranging Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)
More detailed information about the above support can be found in our guide: Support for Students with Asperger Syndrome.