- +44 (0)131 451 3075
Roles and responsibilities
I am Director of Studies for our MSc Quantitative Financial Risk Management, and also help manage the exemptions and accreditation process for our degrees in relation to the professional institute and faculty of actuaries examinations.
I teach the following courses:
• Financial Mathematics for the MSc in Actuarial Science (F71AB1);
• Life Office Practice for fourth year BSc Actuarial Science (F70LP2);
• Life Insurance for the MSc in Actuarial Management (F71LA1, F71LB2).
In addition, I have the following roles:
• the department's careers advisor;
• the department's link with the Students' Actuarial Society;
• delivering sessions and assessing on the university's Learning Enhancement and Development Skills (LEADS) programme.
I studied Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics at Heriot-Watt, graduating in 2001, when I started work with Standard Life as an Actuarial Trainee. I qualified two years later, and worked in the Valuation, Operations and Pricing areas. I gradually made the transition into teaching, and started lecturing at Heriot-Watt in 2011.