Dr UmmeSalma Mujtaba
BSc(Hons), PGDM, MPhil, DBA
Roles and responsibilities
Dr UmmeSalma Mujtaba is a Teaching Fellow in Management and International Business in the School of Social Sciences. She is also undergraduate year 1 and 2 coordinator at the School of Social Sciences –Dubai.
UmmeSalma is the course coordinator and also teaches the postgraduate (PG) International Business for International Business Management degree. She is also the undergraduate course coordinator Introduction to Management in the School of Social Sciences since 2009. She is also working on localizing the Professional Development Planning (PDP) course to be delivered at Dubai campus.
- Member review board Online EDUCA Berlin.
- Member Quality review board Aga Khan University, Institute of Education Development.(Higher Education) AKU-IED.
- External Examiner – Institute of Business Administration – Karachi
- Visiting Faculty – Institute of Business Administration – Karachi, Iqra University Karachi, Bahria University Karachi.
UmmeSalma’s research lies in the area of Higher Education, Student Experience,Strategy, Total Quality and Operations Management.
- Systems analysis for BALFOUR BEATTY warehousing and logistics operations in UAE. Value: £ 9,700 (completed)
- Accreditation documents for HEI for Commission Accreditation Agency UAE. £ 12,400(completed)
- Needs analysis for Higher Education Commission Pakistan. £ 14,343
Publications and Conferences
- Mujtaba, U. (forthcoming) “ The Student Experience Enhancement”, Chapter for “Higher Education Management and Operational Research: Demonstrating New Practices and Metaphors”. Book by Higher Education Academy UK
- Mujtaba, U.(2010) “ Contributing to the Emiratization Process via Deployment of TQM Approach in Developing Skills at Higher Education Institutions” 5th Quality conference in the Middle East. TQM and Excellence: A framework for Managing Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility ISBN 978-9948-15-948-3
- SMC Working Paper Series, ISSN 1662-761X Working series: SMC working papers series 2008 “ Ethical Leadership”
- Learning and Teaching Conference 2008 - The Curriculum Puzzle - Fitting the Pieces Together, Edinburgh: Significance of Local inputs in curriculum development at Transnational Education
- GETEX 2007 – 3rd Middle East Forum for Academic Research and Reflection, Dubai: Part-time faculty- Training and development:
- First International iPed Conference 2006: Pedagogic Research and Academic Identities Coventry University TechnoCentre , Coventry: Academic writing and life-long learners
- The 10th International Conference on Experiential Learning , : Experiential Learning and Leadership Development, 2006, Lancaster: Business and Education Leadership – The right mix for the region - Inspiring Leadership
- Research Symposium at University of Wollongong in Dubai (UAE), 2006: Leadership qualities for diverse cultured workforce in UAE
- Aga-Khan University Karachi (Pakistan) :2006, Postgraduate education in UAE : Quality in teaching and Learning
- Institute of Business Administration IBA - 2006, Karachi: Employee Training Practices and Challenges –
- Online Educa Berlin, 2005: Online education- Opportunities and threats in the GULF region