Introduction and club history
Heriot-Watt American Football Club is one of the youngest clubs within the Sports Union, with a recent rise in participation in the sport among a number of Scottish and British Universities. The club is now enjoying its third year of competing in BUCS compeition and enjoys a healthy partnership with Edinburgh Wolves American Football Club.
Our club charter
We aim to provide the following service for all our members:
- To provide an opportunity for any member to practice with the assistance of a coach at each session.
- To provide a range of competitive opportunities to allow members to compete either individually within or for the University.
- To provide an opportunity for members to gain a worthwhile social experience through the club.
What does a typical season involve?
Training throughout the season is twice a week on a matchday week and three times per week on a non-matchday week. All sessions are held at Oriam at the below times/ facilities:
- Monday, 8.30-10pm, Academy Synthetic
- Friday, 7.30-9am, Outdoor Synthetic
- Sunday, 2.00-3.30pm, Academy Synthetic
Coaching is currently provided as part of the partnership with Edinburgh Wolves.
The club competes in BUCS north league, which involves around 6-8 league matches per year.
How do I join the club?
To become a member of the club, the individual must take out membership to Oriam at a minimum of bronze level. Silver is recommended, as it covers both semesters. American Football can then be joined for a small fee of £65 for the year payable at the Oriam Reception or online.
No experience is required, and most of the equipment is provided.
For more information, come along to one of our training sessions, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org