The Heriot-Watt Postgraduate Research Conference was a showcase of postgraduate research across the University.
The conference attracted high quality presentations and posters from across all disciplines and was an excellent opportunity to:
- engage with other researchers across the University,
- get feedback from researchers working in a similar field,
- introduce your research to "non-specialists",
- hear from leading industry and academic professionals,
- develop your presentation skills with a "friendly" audience prior to an international conference or event you might be participating in.
Students participating in the conference were given the opportunity to attend training to enhance their presentation skills, such as slide design, content and tone to an educated but non-specialist audience. "Communicating your Research" workshops are available.
2015 Conference: A Changing World: The impact of disciplines working together
The theme of the 2015 conference was "the impact of interdisciplinarity". Many research projects are either collaborative across multiple disciplines, and are "interdisciplinary"; other projects have impact on disciplines beyond the core discipline of the project and are "multidisciplinary". This year's conference embraced these types of research from across Heriot-Watt University, that have (or potential to have) true "impact".
The posters from the Conference were showcased for a week after the conference on the Bridge Link (Edinburgh campus) to further promote and disseminate the fantastic doctoral research being carried out at Heriot-Watt University.
The Conference used #PGRConf15 on Twitter, see the story of the day on Storify.