Heriot-Watt University is a member of Vitae, the international programme dedicated to world-class professional and career development of researchers. Vitae membership provides benefits to both staff and students through intelligence and briefings, influencing relevant policy, access to research projects and resources available for free use by members, and joining expert networks through the online Vitae Community. Use the tabs below to see what Vitae can do for you.
If you've not yet done so, take a few minutes to get started by registering with your Heriot-Watt University email address for full access. You can also create a profile on the Vitae website, publish it in the Membership Directory and join the “Vitae Community”, an online community for members with an interest in researcher development.
The Centre for Academic Leadership & Development regularly engage with Vitae by taking part in regional strategic discussions, contributing to events, and using Vitae development resources to strengthen the Research Futures programme.
Vitae for doctoral students
Vitae for research staff
- Advice for supervising doctoral students
- Research staff resources for staying in and moving out of academia
- Example CVs
- Advice on managing a research career
- Online hangouts such as “How to develop your profile in and out of academia”
- Research Staff Conference
- UK Research Staff Association
- Researcher Development Framework