Applications are invited for Heriot-Watt University Research Culture Grants 2019. These grants will support postgraduate research students and research staff, at all Heriot-Watt University campus locations, to create initiatives which foster research culture and provide opportunities to share and discuss research work with others. Examples might include:
- Creating a cross-disciplinary user group to develop and share expertise around a common research methodology or technique;
- Launching a ‘Research Culture Café’ as a forum to discuss research ideas, challenges and solutions
- Building a cross-campus community through an on-line platform for celebrating successes and sharing research failures and lessons learned See: Lessons learned through failure by Olivia Maynard
- Developing a transferable skills development opportunity not already provided by Research Futures Academy (mapped to Vitae’s Researcher Development Framework);
- Organising a PGR research or career conference at Heriot-Watt;
- Raising awareness of, and participation in, professional skills development.
Funding available: a maximum amount of £3,000 per proposal is available. Requests for funding can be lower than this. Please contact Dr Claire Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
The call for applications for the Research Futures Academy Research Culture Grant will close at 12.00 noon on Monday 8th July 2019. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Applications must be sent as a PDF to email@example.com. You will receive confirmation of you application within 48 hours of submission. If you haven’t received this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.