Research and Enterprise Services
Research and Enterprise Services (RES) helps deliver the University's Research and Innovation, and Enterprise and Business strategies.
Support and assistance includes the development of research projects and impact-generating activities across knowledge transfer, commercialisation and enterprise creation.
Research and innovation
Research at Heriot-Watt covers the spectrum from the theoretical to research of immediate relevance to industry and commerce. The Research & Enterprise Services team works with researchers and their partners to provide support on:
- Research funding;
- Creating and managing research impact;
- Managing Research Excellence Framework (REF) submissions;
- Advice on research integrity, governance and ethics.
Enterprise and business
We support Knowledge Exchange activity, around Heriot-Watt research, that creates real impact and value to society. As a student, researcher, collaborator or knowledge transfer partner, professional advice and assistance is available on:
- Spinout or startup creation and enterprise;
- Business development and working with industry;
- Knowledge exchange and technology licensing;
- Research commercialisation and IP management.