Research Engagement helps to deliver the University's Research and Innovation, Impact and Public Engagement strategies.
Support and assistance spans the breadth of engagement, from supporting researchers with the development of research proposals and bids to working with industry on R&D and knowledge exchange projects.
Here is a brief summary of our teams and their activity - and who to contact.
Research and Business Development
Working with researchers on:
- Research funding
- Research impact
- Research Excellence Framework (REF) submissions
- Advice on research integrity, governance and ethics
Collaborating with business on:
- Business innovation
- New products and processes
- Knowledge exchange
Policy Strategy and Impact
Supporting the University to achieve its strategic objectives in research excellence and to continue to increase positioning of and engagement with research.
- Strategy: To build the University’s capacity to develop and deliver research and innovation strategy(ies) through intelligence gathering and external policy engagement.
- Impact: Lead the development and implementation of strategies for impact and public engagement with research.
- Policies and Procedures: To be responsible for the further integration of the research and innovation policy functions.
- REF: Provide leadership, organisation and direction for the procures, policies and other arrangements for REF 2021.
Supporting our Research and Business Developement teams with:
- Technology licensing
- Research commercialisation
- IP management
Research Futures Academy: