How to do business with us
We highly recommend that suppliers register with Public Contracts Scotland and Public Contracts Scotland Tenders since supplier registration is free and allows suppliers to search for a wide range of contracting opportunities from Scotland's Publicly Funded Bodies.
There are optional features such as the facility to download attached documents, send in responses and view notices that you have expressed an interest in. When the University posts a relevant tender on Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) registered suppliers will be alerted by Public Contracts Scotland by e-mail.
For smaller value requirements we would carry out an Invitation to Quote (ITQ) having sourced an adequate number of suppliers by researching the market place for the particular need.
The threshold as to when the University will request quotes for tender will vary over time but there are two “fixed” thresholds which are the Scottish Government’s requirement to post all tender requirements over £50K (ex v.a.t.) on the Public Contracts Scotland procurement portal and the further needs to advertise an OJEU notice depending on the value.
Public Contracts Scotland
How does the service support your business?
- Provides free access to the latest contract opportunities
- Delivers tailored contract information direct to your desk
- Encourages an open and inclusive market
- Builds strong communication links with buyers
- The service is funded by Scottish Procurement Scotland
How does the service support the Scottish Public Sector?
- Free advertising reduces costs
- Increase competition and supports ‘Best Value’
- Provides access to local suppliers
- Helps achieve the objects of sustainability